Sunday, January 17, 2010

Why is it better on the edge?



Why? is it better on the edge

I'm guessing that you mean "why is it better on the edge". Well, I suppose it has something to do with some sort of sense of danger, or freedom. This is of course as opposed to being firmly on the surface, well away from the edge.
Unless we're talking sanity, or patience, or the need to pick up a large fish and slap someone with it - repeatedly... especially around the head and neck area, working the underside of the chin and behind the ears for good measure.
If that's the case, I would suggest the recipient of the aforementioned fish abuse get a skillet, heated to a medium heat, with some melted butter or light olive oil, and attempt to catch said fish and cook it.

Anyways, back to the whole "edge" thing... Being where the poster lives, being on the edge is an exhilarating experience, but only if the kids stay back far enough that you don't have to worry about them leaning over the edge.
This place is incredible - there's what, like, a billion foot drop into this canyon that is just absolutely gorgeous, no sight of town at all, just you and the wind, and a almost assured lethal freefall - until you slam into the canyon wall.
The greatest part? being away from civilization.

I know, I know, this wasn't an hour, but I just finished revisions, and I'm freakin' tired. I still have to get up before the butt-crack of dawn for work as well.

No comments: