So, LW has been on one of her websites, and these ladies keep claiming that Obama is "the anitchrist". Well, as a public service to everyone out there, and to help clear up any confusion, we will compare President Obama with the antichrist.
First off, the antichrist:
- [sits] in the temple, opposing himself against anything that is worshipped(2 Thessalonians 2:4)
- claims divine authority (2 Thessalonians 2:4)
- works all kids of counterfeit miracles and signs (2 Thessalonians 2:9)
- does all kinds of evil (2 Thessalonians 2:10)
- sets itself up in a "wing" or a Pinnacle" the temple.(Daniel 9:27)
- might be of jewish origin (matt 24:15)
Now, we could go further into detail, but then we would have to start scouring the rest of the bible, and I can only handle so much scorching of the flesh as I handle the damn thing.
As for the other side of this equation...
Barak Hussein Obama:
- Sits in the White House after being elected to the presidency (New York Times 5 Nov 2008)
- has said that "we can neither retreat from the world nor try to bully it into submission" and that we (Americans) must "lead the world, by deed and example". (Foreign Affairs 86 - July - August 2007)
- has not pulled off any miracles
- Define "Evil"
- has had near epic fails with early cabinet selections
- Is of Hawaiian descent
Right, so those last four, I have nothing to directly point to to back those up, so they're arguably non-points for Obama.
But the point I'm trying to make is this....
It's fine if you don't like the guy... I can dig that. I didn't like the last asshole who was in the White House. But if you're going to make comparisons to biblical figures, GET YOUR SHIT STRAIGHT FIRST!
Sorry folks, you can cling to your republican ideals, your rigid codes of ethics, your beliefs and/or racist/mysoginistic/outdated/outmoded ideologies but comparing Obama to the antichrist is too much of a stretch for me. (P.s. I'll hang on to mine while we're at it)
That's like comparing Rush Limbaugh to a sperm whale because it killed Captain Ahab.
If you want to spew your rhetoric, that is fine, just be prepared to be spewed back at.