Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Back in the saddle.... again!


So, here I am, back from who the hell knows where.
Been a while since I sat down and written out what's been on my mind, I figure now is as good a time as any. soo....

- Introduction

<---- This is me
(No, that's not my finger in the picture)

As you can tell, I'm terribly photogenic, so this is probably the only time you'll see a picture of me.
My name is Nathan. I'm also known by my online alias "Lankylurkr" a tag I aquired in the late 90's from playing Quake 2 at a call center that will remain nameless. The job didn't last, the nickname did.
I'm listed as being fairly tall (6'2"-3") and reasonably thin (Ha! like I'm gonna tell you my weight). I've been married to the same wonderful woman for 10 years now - Sorry ladies (and men who swing that way).
I have three great kids: Big Stink (10), Stink(2), and Little Stink(1). In case you couldn't tell, that's not their real names, but they're young, and they don't need their names splashed all over the net.
I work at a big box store in lower management (which I just <Sarcasm>absolutelysarcasm> love). I'm also working on a reference book (goddess willing), and aspire to write for a living (ain't dreams grand?)
I'm also a geek: Comics, role-playing games, computers, internet, etc. If it has no real redeeming value, I'm probably into it. Lately, I'm spending way too much time on twitter and Kongregate. In between wasting time there, I'm researching graphic novels for younger audiences.

- Latest talking point

I have no idea. I had a bunch of thoughts racing around earlier, but now that I'm thinking about them, I can't remember any of them. The onlything that is running through my head is "Will Wheaton" and how cool he actually is.
Sure, he was an actor who was in a reasonably good movie or two, and he had a stint on that space show, but that is not Will Wheaton. Now, he's an author, a blogger, a gamer, not to mention a dad.
He's got one up on me (technically, two: I don't have time to role-play), but hopefully, I'll be published here before long....

For the time being, I'm gonna have to call it a night.


No comments: